Re: [MedievalSawdust] Digest Number 749

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2005
      >Now, that being said... SOME projects can clearly be
      >both authentic and creative. C&I, cooking, poetry,
      >performance... no problem... but... with furniture
      >or many other wood projects... how creative can ya'
      >get?

      I think you'd be surprised. There are furniture types
      today that didn't exist in 1910. And yet I have seen
      things like CD racks and entertainment center which
      are as Arts and Crafts as anything that Stickley,
      Greene and Greene or the Roycrofters ever made. I
      have also seen things that were hastily arts and
      crafts-ifyed with a couple faux through tennons, but
      do not at all fly in formation with the style.

      Avery