Greetings

  • Tim Bray
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
      Hello everyone, I finally got around to joining this group. Looks like you
      have been having some good discussions (been reading the archives)!

      Some of you already know me, but I suppose it's polite to introduce
      oneself. In the SCA I am Viscount Colin deBray, Knight, Laurel, and
      Pelican. I make and sell medieval-styled furniture for SCA and
      re-enactors, and for anyone else who likes medieval-styled
      furniture! What started as a hobby, years ago, is now a business... not a
      very profitable one, but still.

      Looking forward to more good discussions here!

      Yours,
      Colin

      Albion Works
      Furniture and Accessories
      For the Medievalist!
      www.albionworks.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2003
        Welcome!

        Glad to have you.

        > Looking forward to more good discussions here!
        >
        > Yours,
        > Colin

        =====

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Stefan von Kiel
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2003
          Hello,

          I am new to the list and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stefan von
          Kiel, mundanely known as Steve. In the SCA, I live in the Barony of
          Stierbach in Northern Atlantia. That's the Washington DC area for everyone
          else. I have worked with wood for many years but have only been serious
          about it for the past 2 years. I've been making period trestle tables,
          collapsing camp chairs, X chairs, different styles of chests, beds, clothing
          racks and foldinging tables. These have mostly been for SCA camping so tend
          to breakdown and pack small. I've been looking to make my projects as
          period as possible while still being usable for SCA camping.

          My current projects consist of a pair of matching trestle tables in maple, a
          chair based on the famous Glastonbury chair (without the carving), and an
          armoire that will breakdown and pack flat.

          If I may be of any help to anyone, please ask.

          Stefan von Kiel
          Dwarven Axe Armoury
          www.dwarvenaxe.com

        • Alfricr
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2003
            Hello Stefan,

            I am HL Alfric Rolfson JdL, from the Barony of Three Mountains, Antir (Portland, OR)>

            Sounds interesting. Do You have any photographs of your work? If you do please share them.

            Here is some of my stuff including my versions Glastonbury Chair (including a baby chair called "The Glastonbaby chair".

            Enjoy!

            HL Alfric Rolfson, Sgnt Three Mountains.