Re: [medievalsawdust] June

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
      Not so far, I'll have to look. I didn't know that. Thanks

      --
      YIS,

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
      ...Take time to dance in the rain...

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
        --- Joseph Hayes <von_landstuhl@...> wrote:

        > --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
        > > I am going to be teaching a class on "Tying Knots
        > and Nets" I don't
        > > know, perhaps a wood class as well, gotta think
        > about it.
        >
        > Let's see... Take a net, add some sicks on the
        > end... Instant
        > hammock!
        >
        > Hammock is a period word (from the Spanish hamaca,
        > from the Taino, the
        > natives of Puerto Rico) that dates from 1555.
        > Anyone ever seen a
        > depiction of a period hammock?
        >
        > Ulrich

        does 'hamaca' mean hammock?

        Hey Charles post a pic of that bed
        we talked about at pennsic...

        =====

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Joseph Hayes
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
          --- Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
          > does 'hamaca' mean hammock?

          Yes, hamaca is the Spanish word for hammock. BTW, it also forms the
          basis for the Spanish verb hamacar, meaning "to swing."

          Ulrich

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/