June

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4 5:43 PM
      Charles, Conal, anyone else interested, come on up to Border War (in West
      Michigan) in June. A local event to me, lots of fighting, drinking, and
      some classes in a really nice.

      I am going to be teaching a class on "Tying Knots and Nets" I don't know,
      perhaps a wood class as well, gotta think about it.

      --
      YIS,

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
      ...Take time to dance in the rain...

    • Joseph Hayes
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5 5:01 AM
        --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
        > I am going to be teaching a class on "Tying Knots and Nets" I don't
        > know, perhaps a wood class as well, gotta think about it.

        Let's see... Take a net, add some sicks on the end... Instant
        hammock!

        Hammock is a period word (from the Spanish hamaca, from the Taino, the
        natives of Puerto Rico) that dates from 1555. Anyone ever seen a
        depiction of a period hammock?

        Ulrich

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Dan Baker
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5 5:36 AM
          Not so far, I'll have to look. I didn't know that. Thanks

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5 1:02 PM
            --- Joseph Hayes <von_landstuhl@...> wrote:

            > --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
            > > I am going to be teaching a class on "Tying Knots
            > and Nets" I don't
            > > know, perhaps a wood class as well, gotta think
            > about it.
            >
            > Let's see... Take a net, add some sicks on the
            > end... Instant
            > hammock!
            >
            > Hammock is a period word (from the Spanish hamaca,
            > from the Taino, the
            > natives of Puerto Rico) that dates from 1555.
            > Anyone ever seen a
            > depiction of a period hammock?
            >
            > Ulrich

            does 'hamaca' mean hammock?

            Hey Charles post a pic of that bed
            we talked about at pennsic...

            =====

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • Joseph Hayes
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5 1:25 PM
              --- Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
              > does 'hamaca' mean hammock?

              Yes, hamaca is the Spanish word for hammock. BTW, it also forms the
              basis for the Spanish verb hamacar, meaning "to swing."

              Ulrich

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/