Re: [MedievalSawdust] could you would you

    Message 1 of 23 , May 5 2:38 PM
      --- Avraham <avraham@...> wrote:
      > Um, make what?
      > Avraham
      > new to the group, not so much to woodworking

      see attachment...

      Message 2 of 23 , May 5 2:49 PM
        --- Joseph Paul <josephnjody@...> wrote:
        > Interesting that you want to try this in poplar. I
        > have been thinking on the
        > same subject but I have the luxury of planing my
        > rough cut stock to size.
        > With that capability in mind what would be a good
        > thickness of poplar to do
        > a faldstool in?

        I was looking for something to do with the
        scrap/off-fall shorts that I had collected
        and had just finshed the two in white oak.
        So the foldstol was near the top of my list
        of things I'm thinking aboput right now. I've
        got a few randon lenghts and widths that could
        easlily be cut down to the 1 1/2" stock I used
        for the whitew oak stools....

        Unless someone has another idea....

        So here's another question for the group.

        What do you do with 'scraps' that are
        too big to throw away, but not big enough
        for most projects?

        ( one can only wear so many pairs of
        pattens.... )

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
      • Chuck Phillips
        Message 3 of 23 , May 5 5:14 PM
          But it is a rather small world, after all.  Particularly so when you have a subset like this.

          Charles Joiner
          Who can still remember most of "Song of the Shield Wall"...
          Message 4 of 23 , May 6 12:05 PM
            Actually Yahoo does strip the attachments. I only read these
            messages on the Yahoo group site and there's no picture or brief
            description of what you're talking about.

            Now for this particular question, I probably don't care. If anyone
            joined the group today or later and read the post on the board, they
            would not ever have any idea of what is being discussed.

            My guess is that you're trying to build an ark, the Noah's type, not
            the covenant type. I think that poplar would be OK because it only
            needs to hold up for a couple of months, but you're going to need
            alot of lumber... ;)

            Eric

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Avraham <avraham@e...> wrote:
            > Wolf,
            > Ah - down *below* all the yahoo ad stuff. I've never been on a
            list that
            > wasn't set to strip attachments before, now I know. Thanks!
            >

            > >Avraham;
            > >
            > >You "should" have gotten a picture attached - I didn't see it right
            > >away, but scrolling down showed it. If you didn't get it, or if
            you're
            > >reading off the web...
            > > >
            > > > Um, make what?
            > > > Avraham
            > > > new to the group, not so much to woodworking

          • Lord Alessandro dEste
            Message 5 of 23 , May 10 9:55 AM
              <baronconal@y...> wrote:
              > Unless someone has another idea....
              > So here's another question for the group.
              > What do you do with 'scraps' that are
              > too big to throw away, but not big enough
              > for most projects?
              >
              > ( one can only wear so many pairs of
              > pattens.... )
              > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart

              Someone has another idea
              And That someone is me. LOL
              Everyweek here in sternfeld we have a meeting called"Stuff and
              nonsence".Held at Master JP Devereaux and Mistress Baroness Priscilla
              the Hun's home. We try to help others in the barony with what ever
              projects they are working on. What I and Master Devereaux do with are
              scraps is to bring them out and see if anyone needs them. But You now
              have given me a idea . Thank you Baron Conal. One can only wear so
              many pairs of pattens.But a barony can wear many. A group project that
              we are working on this would be a great addition too.
              IYS
              Lord Alessandro dEste