Re: [MedievalSawdust] could you would you

  • Trevor Payne
    Message 1 of 23 , May 5, 2005
      LOL, thought that was you, but I wasn't sure ;)

      Aiden

      Message 2 of 23 , May 5, 2005
        >You "should" have gotten a picture attached - I didn't see it right
        >away, but scrolling down showed it. If you didn't get it, or if you're
        >reading off the web, let me know and I'll forward the picture to you.

        For those people who read this group in digest mode, all attachments
        are stripped off.

        --
        Steve Mercer
        mercer@...
        Message 3 of 23 , May 5, 2005
          --- Avraham <avraham@...> wrote:
          > Um, make what?
          > Avraham
          > new to the group, not so much to woodworking

          see attachment...

          Message 4 of 23 , May 5, 2005
            --- Joseph Paul <josephnjody@...> wrote:
            > Interesting that you want to try this in poplar. I
            > have been thinking on the
            > same subject but I have the luxury of planing my
            > rough cut stock to size.
            > With that capability in mind what would be a good
            > thickness of poplar to do
            > a faldstool in?

            I was looking for something to do with the
            scrap/off-fall shorts that I had collected
            and had just finshed the two in white oak.
            So the foldstol was near the top of my list
            of things I'm thinking aboput right now. I've
            got a few randon lenghts and widths that could
            easlily be cut down to the 1 1/2" stock I used
            for the whitew oak stools....

            Unless someone has another idea....

            So here's another question for the group.

            What do you do with 'scraps' that are
            too big to throw away, but not big enough
            for most projects?

            ( one can only wear so many pairs of
            pattens.... )

            __________________________________
            Yahoo! Mail Mobile
            http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
          • Chuck Phillips
            Message 5 of 23 , May 5, 2005
              But it is a rather small world, after all.  Particularly so when you have a subset like this.

              Charles Joiner
              Who can still remember most of "Song of the Shield Wall"...
              Message 6 of 23 , May 6, 2005
                Actually Yahoo does strip the attachments. I only read these
                messages on the Yahoo group site and there's no picture or brief
                description of what you're talking about.

                Now for this particular question, I probably don't care. If anyone
                joined the group today or later and read the post on the board, they
                would not ever have any idea of what is being discussed.

                My guess is that you're trying to build an ark, the Noah's type, not
                the covenant type. I think that poplar would be OK because it only
                needs to hold up for a couple of months, but you're going to need
                alot of lumber... ;)

                Eric

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Avraham <avraham@e...> wrote:
                > Wolf,
                > Ah - down *below* all the yahoo ad stuff. I've never been on a
                list that
                > wasn't set to strip attachments before, now I know. Thanks!
                >

                > >Avraham;
                > >
                > >You "should" have gotten a picture attached - I didn't see it right
                > >away, but scrolling down showed it. If you didn't get it, or if
                you're
                > >reading off the web...
                > > >
                > > > Um, make what?
                > > > Avraham
                > > > new to the group, not so much to woodworking

              • Lord Alessandro dEste
                Message 7 of 23 , May 10, 2005
                  <baronconal@y...> wrote:
                  > Unless someone has another idea....
                  > So here's another question for the group.
                  > What do you do with 'scraps' that are
                  > too big to throw away, but not big enough
                  > for most projects?
                  >
                  > ( one can only wear so many pairs of
                  > pattens.... )
                  > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart

                  Someone has another idea
                  And That someone is me. LOL
                  Everyweek here in sternfeld we have a meeting called"Stuff and
                  nonsence".Held at Master JP Devereaux and Mistress Baroness Priscilla
                  the Hun's home. We try to help others in the barony with what ever
                  projects they are working on. What I and Master Devereaux do with are
                  scraps is to bring them out and see if anyone needs them. But You now
                  have given me a idea . Thank you Baron Conal. One can only wear so
                  many pairs of pattens.But a barony can wear many. A group project that
                  we are working on this would be a great addition too.
                  IYS
                  Lord Alessandro dEste