Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: could you would you

  • Avraham
    Message 1 of 23 , May 5, 2005
      Halvgrim just can't get away from me. :)
      Avraham

      >--- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Schuster, Robert L."
      ><SchusterRL@u...> wrote:
      > > Damn Calontiri!
      > >
      > > Halv
      > >
      > I'm afraid it's my fault, I told him about this
      >
      >Ralg
      >AnTir
    • Trevor Payne
      Message 2 of 23 , May 5, 2005
        LOL, thought that was you, but I wasn't sure ;)

        Aiden

        Message 3 of 23 , May 5, 2005
          >You "should" have gotten a picture attached - I didn't see it right
          >away, but scrolling down showed it. If you didn't get it, or if you're
          >reading off the web, let me know and I'll forward the picture to you.

          For those people who read this group in digest mode, all attachments
          are stripped off.

          --
          Steve Mercer
          mercer@...
          Message 4 of 23 , May 5, 2005
            --- Avraham <avraham@...> wrote:
            > Um, make what?
            > Avraham
            > new to the group, not so much to woodworking

            see attachment...

            Message 5 of 23 , May 5, 2005
              --- Joseph Paul <josephnjody@...> wrote:
              > Interesting that you want to try this in poplar. I
              > have been thinking on the
              > same subject but I have the luxury of planing my
              > rough cut stock to size.
              > With that capability in mind what would be a good
              > thickness of poplar to do
              > a faldstool in?

              I was looking for something to do with the
              scrap/off-fall shorts that I had collected
              and had just finshed the two in white oak.
              So the foldstol was near the top of my list
              of things I'm thinking aboput right now. I've
              got a few randon lenghts and widths that could
              easlily be cut down to the 1 1/2" stock I used
              for the whitew oak stools....

              Unless someone has another idea....

              So here's another question for the group.

              What do you do with 'scraps' that are
              too big to throw away, but not big enough
              for most projects?

              ( one can only wear so many pairs of
              pattens.... )

              __________________________________
              Yahoo! Mail Mobile
              http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
            • Chuck Phillips
              Message 6 of 23 , May 5, 2005
                But it is a rather small world, after all.  Particularly so when you have a subset like this.

                Charles Joiner
                Who can still remember most of "Song of the Shield Wall"...
                Halvgrim just can't get away from me. :)
                Avraham

                >--- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Schuster, Robert L."
                ><SchusterRL@u...> wrote:
                > > Damn Calontiri!
                > >
                > > Halv
                > >
                >   I'm afraid it's my fault, I told him about this
                >
                >Ralg
                >AnTir

              • ewdysar
                Message 7 of 23 , May 6, 2005
                  Actually Yahoo does strip the attachments. I only read these
                  messages on the Yahoo group site and there's no picture or brief
                  description of what you're talking about.

                  Now for this particular question, I probably don't care. If anyone
                  joined the group today or later and read the post on the board, they
                  would not ever have any idea of what is being discussed.

                  My guess is that you're trying to build an ark, the Noah's type, not
                  the covenant type. I think that poplar would be OK because it only
                  needs to hold up for a couple of months, but you're going to need
                  alot of lumber... ;)

                  Eric

                  --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Avraham <avraham@e...> wrote:
                  > Wolf,
                  > Ah - down *below* all the yahoo ad stuff. I've never been on a
                  list that
                  > wasn't set to strip attachments before, now I know. Thanks!
                  >

                  > >Avraham;
                  > >
                  > >You "should" have gotten a picture attached - I didn't see it right
                  > >away, but scrolling down showed it. If you didn't get it, or if
                  you're
                  > >reading off the web...
                  > > >
                  > > > Um, make what?
                  > > > Avraham
                  > > > new to the group, not so much to woodworking

                • Lord Alessandro dEste
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 10, 2005
                    <baronconal@y...> wrote:
                    > Unless someone has another idea....
                    > So here's another question for the group.
                    > What do you do with 'scraps' that are
                    > too big to throw away, but not big enough
                    > for most projects?
                    >
                    > ( one can only wear so many pairs of
                    > pattens.... )
                    > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart

                    Someone has another idea
                    And That someone is me. LOL
                    Everyweek here in sternfeld we have a meeting called"Stuff and
                    nonsence".Held at Master JP Devereaux and Mistress Baroness Priscilla
                    the Hun's home. We try to help others in the barony with what ever
                    projects they are working on. What I and Master Devereaux do with are
                    scraps is to bring them out and see if anyone needs them. But You now
                    have given me a idea . Thank you Baron Conal. One can only wear so
                    many pairs of pattens.But a barony can wear many. A group project that
                    we are working on this would be a great addition too.
                    IYS
                    Lord Alessandro dEste