Re: could you would you

  • Ralph Lindberg
    Message 1 of 23 , May 5, 2005
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Schuster, Robert L."
      <SchusterRL@u...> wrote:
      > Damn Calontiri!
      >
      > Halv

      I'm afraid it's my fault, I told him about this

      Ralg
      AnTir
      _
    • Avraham
      Message 2 of 23 , May 5, 2005
        Halvgrim just can't get away from me. :)
        Avraham

        >--- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Schuster, Robert L."
        ><SchusterRL@u...> wrote:
        > > Damn Calontiri!
        > >
        > > Halv
        > >
        > I'm afraid it's my fault, I told him about this
        >
        >Ralg
        >AnTir
      • Trevor Payne
        Message 3 of 23 , May 5, 2005
          LOL, thought that was you, but I wasn't sure ;)

          Aiden

          Message 4 of 23 , May 5, 2005
            >You "should" have gotten a picture attached - I didn't see it right
            >away, but scrolling down showed it. If you didn't get it, or if you're
            >reading off the web, let me know and I'll forward the picture to you.

            For those people who read this group in digest mode, all attachments
            are stripped off.

            --
            Steve Mercer
            mercer@...
            Message 5 of 23 , May 5, 2005
              --- Avraham <avraham@...> wrote:
              > Um, make what?
              > Avraham
              > new to the group, not so much to woodworking

              see attachment...

              Message 6 of 23 , May 5, 2005
                --- Joseph Paul <josephnjody@...> wrote:
                > Interesting that you want to try this in poplar. I
                > have been thinking on the
                > same subject but I have the luxury of planing my
                > rough cut stock to size.
                > With that capability in mind what would be a good
                > thickness of poplar to do
                > a faldstool in?

                I was looking for something to do with the
                scrap/off-fall shorts that I had collected
                and had just finshed the two in white oak.
                So the foldstol was near the top of my list
                of things I'm thinking aboput right now. I've
                got a few randon lenghts and widths that could
                easlily be cut down to the 1 1/2" stock I used
                for the whitew oak stools....

                Unless someone has another idea....

                So here's another question for the group.

                What do you do with 'scraps' that are
                too big to throw away, but not big enough
                for most projects?

                ( one can only wear so many pairs of
                pattens.... )

                __________________________________
                Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
              • Chuck Phillips
                Message 7 of 23 , May 5, 2005
                  But it is a rather small world, after all.  Particularly so when you have a subset like this.

                  Charles Joiner
                  Who can still remember most of "Song of the Shield Wall"...
                  Halvgrim just can't get away from me. :)
                  Avraham

                  >--- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Schuster, Robert L."
                  ><SchusterRL@u...> wrote:
                  > > Damn Calontiri!
                  > >
                  > > Halv
                  > >
                  >   I'm afraid it's my fault, I told him about this
                  >
                  >Ralg
                  >AnTir

                • ewdysar
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 6, 2005
                    Actually Yahoo does strip the attachments. I only read these
                    messages on the Yahoo group site and there's no picture or brief
                    description of what you're talking about.

                    Now for this particular question, I probably don't care. If anyone
                    joined the group today or later and read the post on the board, they
                    would not ever have any idea of what is being discussed.

                    My guess is that you're trying to build an ark, the Noah's type, not
                    the covenant type. I think that poplar would be OK because it only
                    needs to hold up for a couple of months, but you're going to need
                    alot of lumber... ;)

                    Eric

                    --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Avraham <avraham@e...> wrote:
                    > Wolf,
                    > Ah - down *below* all the yahoo ad stuff. I've never been on a
                    list that
                    > wasn't set to strip attachments before, now I know. Thanks!
                    >

                    > >Avraham;
                    > >
                    > >You "should" have gotten a picture attached - I didn't see it right
                    > >away, but scrolling down showed it. If you didn't get it, or if
                    you're
                    > >reading off the web...
                    > > >
                    > > > Um, make what?
                    > > > Avraham
                    > > > new to the group, not so much to woodworking

                  • Lord Alessandro dEste
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 10, 2005
                      <baronconal@y...> wrote:
                      > Unless someone has another idea....
                      > So here's another question for the group.
                      > What do you do with 'scraps' that are
                      > too big to throw away, but not big enough
                      > for most projects?
                      >
                      > ( one can only wear so many pairs of
                      > pattens.... )
                      > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart

                      Someone has another idea
                      And That someone is me. LOL
                      Everyweek here in sternfeld we have a meeting called"Stuff and
                      nonsence".Held at Master JP Devereaux and Mistress Baroness Priscilla
                      the Hun's home. We try to help others in the barony with what ever
                      projects they are working on. What I and Master Devereaux do with are
                      scraps is to bring them out and see if anyone needs them. But You now
                      have given me a idea . Thank you Baron Conal. One can only wear so
                      many pairs of pattens.But a barony can wear many. A group project that
                      we are working on this would be a great addition too.
                      IYS
                      Lord Alessandro dEste