Re: [medievalsawdust] Oakly website

  • Lew Newby
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
      Try www.medievalwood.org instead and click on charles

      Farin

      At 07:52 AM 3/4/2003 -0600, you wrote:
      <?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" />

      BTW, on the subject, do you (or anyone else) have plans for an indoor
      banner stand.  A squire brother is looking for one.

      Thanks,
      Ulrich

      Yup…  and a BIG THANKS to Farin…  if you go to www.medievalwood.com there are banner stand plans out there.  This is a design I've been using for years and it seems to work pretty well.  Can be used outdoors as well.  One thing to watch with the plans is the grain on the legs…   If the wood you use has weak growth rings then it CAN split if ya' smack it with a hammer to take it apart… (note: smacking with a hammer is a BAD thing…) of course, a little glue and a few clamps will stick it all back together but its annoying… so, good wood to start with is a real plus.

      So…  (… and another BIG THANKS to Farin) all the stuff is up at www.medievalwood.com and… getting the stuff copied to Avery's scageek.com would probably be a really cool thing to do as well (mirror sites…  wow… whadda' concept!!!)

      In FACT… (he says… insideously…) I'm sure a lot of us have put nose to grindstone and made/designed lots of cool stuff that would be neat to share with the world…  you guys game for putting all that stuff up as well???  I know Conal has a horizontal tablet loom he made that is just a cool as hell… AND documented…  and there's Avery's cart and Rhy's mods…

      Chas.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      2a57c4d.jpg
      2a57ccf.jpg

    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
        Hmmm, it doesn't seem to Connect?
        --
        YIS,

        Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        Privateer to the Midrealm

        Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
        ...Take time to dance in the rain...

        >From: jrwinkler@...
        >To: <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [medievalsawdust] Oakly website
        >Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:52:56 -0600
        >

        >BTW, on the subject, do you (or anyone else) have plans for an indoor
        >banner stand. A squire brother is looking for one.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Ulrich
        >

        >Yup. and a BIG THANKS to Farin. if you go to www.medievalwood.com there
        >are banner stand plans out there. This is a design I've been using for
        >years and it seems to work pretty well. Can be used outdoors as well. One
        >thing to watch with the plans is the grain on the legs. If the wood you
        >use has weak growth rings then it CAN split if ya' smack it with a hammer
        >to take it apart. (note: smacking with a hammer is a BAD thing.) of course,
        >a little glue and a few clamps will stick it all back together but its
        >annoying. so, good wood to start with is a real plus.
        >
        >So. (. and another BIG THANKS to Farin) all the stuff is up at
        >www.medievalwood.com and. getting the stuff copied to Avery's scageek.com
        >would probably be a really cool thing to do as well (mirror sites. wow.
        >whadda' concept!!!)
        >
        >In FACT. (he says. insideously.) I'm sure a lot of us have put nose to
        >grindstone and made/designed lots of cool stuff that would be neat to share
        >with the world. you guys game for putting all that stuff up as well??? I
        >know Conal has a horizontal tablet loom he made that is just a cool as
        >hell. AND documented. and there's Avery's cart and Rhy's mods.
        >
        >Chas.

      • Dan Baker
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
          Ah there it is. You can put up anything of mine, no problem