Oakly website

  • jrwinkler@msn.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2003
      Due to the fact that I've gotten a number of e-mails from various and sundry folks around the country wondering what happened to the website with my plans on it…   ahem….

      To any who may have tried to access my website and the furniture plans therein…  ummm… temporarily "OUT OF SERVICE"…   It seems as though dnaco.net got sold to an outfit called syscom… further seems that the fella' who was hosting my plans got his site bumped.

      We're working on getting it all up and operational again… but please bear with us…

      Your most obdn't servant -
      Chas.

    • Joseph Hayes
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
        > the fella' who was hosting my plans got his site bumped.

        Ahhh. That 'splains it. I was looking for it the other day and it was
        gone.

        BTW, on the subject, do you (or anyone else) have plans for an indoor
        banner stand. A squire brother is looking for one.

        Thanks,
        Ulrich

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • jrwinkler@msn.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003

          BTW, on the subject, do you (or anyone else) have plans for an indoor
          banner stand.  A squire brother is looking for one.

          Thanks,
          Ulrich

          Yup…  and a BIG THANKS to Farin…  if you go to www.medievalwood.com there are banner stand plans out there.  This is a design I've been using for years and it seems to work pretty well.  Can be used outdoors as well.  One thing to watch with the plans is the grain on the legs…   If the wood you use has weak growth rings then it CAN split if ya' smack it with a hammer to take it apart… (note: smacking with a hammer is a BAD thing…) of course, a little glue and a few clamps will stick it all back together but its annoying… so, good wood to start with is a real plus.

          So…  (… and another BIG THANKS to Farin) all the stuff is up at www.medievalwood.com and… getting the stuff copied to Avery's scageek.com would probably be a really cool thing to do as well (mirror sites…  wow… whadda' concept!!!)

          In FACT… (he says… insideously…) I'm sure a lot of us have put nose to grindstone and made/designed lots of cool stuff that would be neat to share with the world…  you guys game for putting all that stuff up as well???  I know Conal has a horizontal tablet loom he made that is just a cool as hell… AND documented…  and there's Avery's cart and Rhy's mods…

          Chas.
        • Lew Newby
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
            Try www.medievalwood.org instead and click on charles

            Farin

            At 07:52 AM 3/4/2003 -0600, you wrote:
            <?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" />

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            2a57c4d.jpg
            2a57ccf.jpg

          • Dan Baker
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
              Hmmm, it doesn't seem to Connect?
              --
              YIS,

              Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
              Privateer to the Midrealm

              Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
              ...Take time to dance in the rain...

              >From: jrwinkler@...
              >To: <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [medievalsawdust] Oakly website
              >Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:52:56 -0600
              >

              >BTW, on the subject, do you (or anyone else) have plans for an indoor
              >banner stand. A squire brother is looking for one.
              >
              >Thanks,
              >Ulrich
              >

              >Yup. and a BIG THANKS to Farin. if you go to www.medievalwood.com there
              >are banner stand plans out there. This is a design I've been using for
              >years and it seems to work pretty well. Can be used outdoors as well. One
              >thing to watch with the plans is the grain on the legs. If the wood you
              >use has weak growth rings then it CAN split if ya' smack it with a hammer
              >to take it apart. (note: smacking with a hammer is a BAD thing.) of course,
              >a little glue and a few clamps will stick it all back together but its
              >annoying. so, good wood to start with is a real plus.
              >
              >So. (. and another BIG THANKS to Farin) all the stuff is up at
              >www.medievalwood.com and. getting the stuff copied to Avery's scageek.com
              >would probably be a really cool thing to do as well (mirror sites. wow.
              >whadda' concept!!!)
              >
              >In FACT. (he says. insideously.) I'm sure a lot of us have put nose to
              >grindstone and made/designed lots of cool stuff that would be neat to share
              >with the world. you guys game for putting all that stuff up as well??? I
              >know Conal has a horizontal tablet loom he made that is just a cool as
              >hell. AND documented. and there's Avery's cart and Rhy's mods.
              >
              >Chas.

            • Dan Baker
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
                Ah there it is. You can put up anything of mine, no problem