Re: [MedievalSawdust] Bio/Philosophy of work

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2005
      > although I can be tolerant of
      > screaming electrons.

      Yesterday was a wonderful example of
      why I use power tools for my everyday
      SCA event firniture.

      It rained all day.

      Power tools are faster, easier, and I
      just don't feel I have so much of myself
      invested in the piece that I cringe to
      think about it getting rained on.

      A couple coats of poly, or modern paint
      and check them over when you get home...
      No big deal, if it warps make a new one.

      I've made a couple small items with just
      hand tools and I wouldn't think of leaving
      them out in the rain.

      I've also made multiple painted plywood chests
      that look so much better than a plastic tub
      that The added speed and ease of the power tools
      means I'm likely to give them away..

      Power tools have their place, but I agree leave
      them at home

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail