Re: Der mittelalterliche Reiterschild (The German Shield Book)

  • LL Stevens
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 18, 2005
      Unfortunately, I did not save the good gentles original offer to
      assist in German translation.

      If you are still willing, please email me off list. I have typed up
      a bit and ran it through Google's translator but it's still rough in
      some spots.

      Many thanks,

      ~Apollonia V

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "LL Stevens"
      <apolloniavoss@s...> wrote:

      > Update on Der mittelalterliche Reiterschild:
      >
      > I've been told the photos are so good, that you do not have to
      read
      > German to understand it, but an offer for translation assistance
      is
      > MOST KINDLY APPRECIATE and I may take you up on it.
      >
      > Unfortunately only two libraries in the U.S. own this book and are
      > willing to lend it via interlibrary loan. Iowa State University
      > will lend it for $10 and Cornell University will lend it for $28.
      > It sells at Amazon.DE and from the publisher for $24 Eur which
      > equates to about $32 plus international shipping.
      >
      > I generally will NOT pay for an interlibrary loan, but for $10 it
      is
      > still a savings over buying it.
      >
      > ~Apollonia
      >
      > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Wolfram Troeder"
      > <Rabennest@g...> wrote:
      > > If someone needs help with german expressions, mail me and I
      will
      > try to
      > > localize it.
      > >
      > > Tassilo
      > > mostly German

      I'd
      > > be happy to share, as corporate does not make this issue
      available
      > > for purchase. I'll upload it to our group's files. If it causes
      > > anyone hearburn, please remove it.
      > >
      > > ~Apollonia
      > > >
      > > > Tassilo

      Terms