RE: [MedievalSawdust] David Brown Book Company - A Saxon bed burial on Swallowcliffe Down by George Speake Speake, George

  • Schuster, Robert L.
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 18 6:06 AM
      Magnus
      If you have my cd collection you also have an electronic version of this book
      Halv

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 18 11:10 AM
        And for those of us who may not have been paying attention, How does
        one obtain a copy of your "CD collection"? What else is on it?
        Photos and/or diagrams?

        Thanks.
        Eirikr Mjoksiglandi
        Ulfsvikings, Barony of Angels, Caid
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Schuster, Robert L."
        <SchusterRL@u...> wrote:
        > Magnus
        > If you have my cd collection you also have an electronic version of
        this
        > book
        > Halv
        >

        > ________________________________

        America; -

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 18 11:15 AM
          sorry, due to modern copyright issues I no longer distribute the cds, even for research purposes, it just got to much of a hassle.

          But to make you hate me more this is what used to be included on them;)

          <SchusterRL@u...> wrote:
          > Magnus
          > If you have my cd
          collection you also have an electronic version of
          this
          > book

          Halv

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 18 11:20 AM

            Ah, copyright, the modern method of preventing the dissemination of information!

            Master William McNaughton, CL
            http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood

            http://www.missouri.edu/~rls555/pubs_i_have.htm

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 18 11:24 AM
              agreed
              I used to give them out freely under the auspice of educational purposes.
              But then I started getting all kinds of complaints and threats about copywrite issues that I just quit doing so.
              I thought I was in the right but didn't want to risk any sort of legal action.

              Halv

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 18 11:38 AM

                It’s not worth it.  It’s too easy to make trouble for someone who can’t afford an expensive lawyer.  Which, I suppose, is the idea.

                <SchusterRL@u...> wrote:
                > Magnus
                > If you have my cd collection you also have an electronic version of
                this
                > book
                > Halv

                > ________________________________

              • msgilliandurham
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 19 2:50 PM
                  --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Bill McNutt" <mcnutt@p...>
                  wrote:
                  > It's not worth it. It's too easy to make trouble for someone who
                  > can't afford an expensive lawyer. Which, I suppose, is the idea.
                  >
                  > Master Will
                  > http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood

                  Especially since the actual legal purpose of copyright is to
                  encourgage creative folks to publish and disseminate their knowledge,
                  by giving them something back for their work, not to fatten the
                  pockets of the publishers :-(

                  "The constitutional purpose of copyright is to facilitate the flow of
                  ideas in the interest of learning. The primary objective of our
                  copyright law is not to reward the author, but rather secure for the
                  public the benefits from creations of authors." - U.S. House Report
                  Berne Convention Implementation Act of 1988

                  Gillian (who is currently taking a copyright class) Durham