Peter Follansbee Master Joiner in the 17th century Tradition

  • Justus Koshiol
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2005
      There is a really good article on Peter Follansbee in the
      current issue of "WoodWork" magazine.

      Peter is the resident joiner at the Plimoth Plantation Living
      History Museum. I've also seen his work sited in many
      traditional wood working books and articles.

      One of the most interesting sections in the article is
      dedicated to building furniture with green wood. I'm not just
      talking about stools and chairs, but full size frame and panel
      chests. The secret is building the piece with the full knowledge
      of how and where is will change as it dries.

      Since I've had this discussion so many times, with many
      woodworkers, (many of whom now think I'm a blithering idiot)it's
      nice to have a reference to point to and say "see, I'm not
      crazy:)

      It's worth the price of the Magazine, (which has recently come
      down in price if I'm not mistaken) Most large book sellers
      carry it.

      Justus