shop lighting

  • Joe Gibbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10 12:13 AM
      Greetings,

      I have a couple utility florescent lights, but need more. Was wondering
      what others used.

      What type and how much lighting is considered enough for your shop ?

      Joseph
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 5:57 AM
        use both...

        Florescent and irridesent ( sp? I know that isn't
        right )

        Mix both to get the best end result.

        --- Joe Gibbs <joegibbs@...> wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I have a couple utility florescent lights, but need
        > more. Was wondering
        > what others used.
        >
        > What type and how much lighting is considered enough
        > for your shop ?
        >
        > Joseph

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10 5:55 PM
          You have too much when the heat is too much...unless you are a paint shop or
          using epoxy glue then when you need more until the heat gets over what the
          paint or glue is set for. On a more realistic note get the T8 bulbs with
          electronic ballists. Less heat, less electicity, more light, and NO noise!!
          (for when the shop is quiet... it really is..)

          James Cunningham
          I have florescents, two contiuous runs, the lenght of the shop, 16 feet
          appart. The building is 24/40 feet. If I need more I will place the
          utilities over the area(like bench work areas).