Re: [MedievalSawdust] I had an idea

  • Helen Schultz
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
      Well, Conal, when I clicked on your link, I got an error page (the one saying that the page cannot be accessed)... so I backed up to the core address, and still nothing... but when I dropped the 's' off the URL and typed back in your "baronconal", it went right to the page... that is why I felt the 's' was wrong and didn't belong there... I'm not a computer geek, though <smile>.  Don't know how come you were able to access it with that extra 's' in it, either.

      Nice T-shirt, by the way...

      Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
      Middle Kingdom

      The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

      --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@...> wrote:
      > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
      > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
      > to the correct page. <grin>
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      i didn't add it....

      i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...

      any techie geeks know anything about
      the 's' in question?

      https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

    • Ron Jachim
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
        The s in https means it is secure. IIRC, it uses port 443 instead of
        port 80 and the data is encrypted using SSL (secure socket layer) --
        you should see this on all commerce sites so you don't transmit your
        credit card info, etc. in plain text.

        Being a geek helps pay for my woodworking :-)

        <baronconal@y...> wrote:

        > --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@c...> wrote:
        > > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
        > > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
        > > to the correct page. <grin>
        > >
        > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >
        > i didn't add it....
        >
        > i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...
        >
        > any techie geeks know anything about
        > the 's' in question?
        >
        > https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

      • Logan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005

          you are correct.  the link works fine.

          regards

          logan

          www.ebonwoulfe.com

          Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com , Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart
          <baronconal@y...> wrote:

          > --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@c...> wrote:
          > > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
          > > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
          > > to the correct page. <grin>
          > >
          > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          >
          > i didn't add it....
          >
          > i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...
          >
          > any techie geeks know anything about
          > the 's' in question?
          >
          > https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

        • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
            It however is coming up as insecure on my Opera browser, which is the
            likely reason that some can't access the page until they switch back to
            the regular http mode. Some browsers are set to very high security mode
            standards and will prevent questionable pages. I'm not sure what the issue
            is here, perhaps they might not be encrypting the data, but just
            presenting the certificate.

            Haraldr

            On Sun, April 3, 2005 21:45, Logan said:
            > you are correct. the link works fine.
            >

            > regards
            >
            > logan
            >

            > www.ebonwoulfe.com
            >
            > Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still
            > can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
            >

            > _____

            Dave Calafrancesco

            ... They got the library at Alexandria, they aren't getting mine!