Re: [MedievalSawdust] I had an idea

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
      --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@...> wrote:
      > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
      > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
      > to the correct page. <grin>
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      i didn't add it....

      i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...

      any techie geeks know anything about
      the 's' in question?

      https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Messenger
    • Helen Schultz
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
        Well, Conal, when I clicked on your link, I got an error page (the one saying that the page cannot be accessed)... so I backed up to the core address, and still nothing... but when I dropped the 's' off the URL and typed back in your "baronconal", it went right to the page... that is why I felt the 's' was wrong and didn't belong there... I'm not a computer geek, though <smile>.  Don't know how come you were able to access it with that extra 's' in it, either.

        Nice T-shirt, by the way...

        Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
        Middle Kingdom

        The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

        --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@...> wrote:
        > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
        > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
        > to the correct page. <grin>
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        i didn't add it....

        i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...

        any techie geeks know anything about
        the 's' in question?

        https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

      • Ron Jachim
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
          The s in https means it is secure. IIRC, it uses port 443 instead of
          port 80 and the data is encrypted using SSL (secure socket layer) --
          you should see this on all commerce sites so you don't transmit your
          credit card info, etc. in plain text.

          Being a geek helps pay for my woodworking :-)

          <baronconal@y...> wrote:

          > --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@c...> wrote:
          > > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
          > > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
          > > to the correct page. <grin>
          > >
          > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          >
          > i didn't add it....
          >
          > i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...
          >
          > any techie geeks know anything about
          > the 's' in question?
          >
          > https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

        • Logan
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005

            you are correct.  the link works fine.

            regards

            logan

            www.ebonwoulfe.com

            Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com , Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart
            <baronconal@y...> wrote:

            > --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@c...> wrote:
            > > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
            > > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
            > > to the correct page. <grin>
            > >
            > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >
            > i didn't add it....
            >
            > i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...
            >
            > any techie geeks know anything about
            > the 's' in question?
            >
            > https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

          • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
              It however is coming up as insecure on my Opera browser, which is the
              likely reason that some can't access the page until they switch back to
              the regular http mode. Some browsers are set to very high security mode
              standards and will prevent questionable pages. I'm not sure what the issue
              is here, perhaps they might not be encrypting the data, but just
              presenting the certificate.

              Haraldr

              On Sun, April 3, 2005 21:45, Logan said:
              > you are correct. the link works fine.
              >

              > regards
              >
              > logan
              >

              > www.ebonwoulfe.com
              >
              > Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still
              > can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
              >

              > _____

              Dave Calafrancesco

              ... They got the library at Alexandria, they aren't getting mine!