Re: [MedievalSawdust] I had an idea

  • Helen Schultz
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
      The only problem is you put an extra letter into the URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get to the correct page. <grin>

      Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
      Middle Kingdom

      The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

      I had an idea for a t-shirt I'd like to
      have for myself.

      I really didn't want to pay alot for
      a one shot silk screening...

      then I thought.... Cafe Press!

      ( that way I can share the idea and
        anyone can have one )

      https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

      feel free to share the address where-ever...

      thanks for the bandwidth

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
        --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@...> wrote:
        > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
        > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
        > to the correct page. <grin>
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        i didn't add it....

        i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...

        any techie geeks know anything about
        the 's' in question?

        https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Messenger
      • Helen Schultz
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
          Well, Conal, when I clicked on your link, I got an error page (the one saying that the page cannot be accessed)... so I backed up to the core address, and still nothing... but when I dropped the 's' off the URL and typed back in your "baronconal", it went right to the page... that is why I felt the 's' was wrong and didn't belong there... I'm not a computer geek, though <smile>.  Don't know how come you were able to access it with that extra 's' in it, either.

          Nice T-shirt, by the way...

          Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
          Middle Kingdom

          The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

          --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@...> wrote:
          > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
          > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
          > to the correct page. <grin>
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          i didn't add it....

          i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...

          any techie geeks know anything about
          the 's' in question?

          https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

        • Ron Jachim
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
            The s in https means it is secure. IIRC, it uses port 443 instead of
            port 80 and the data is encrypted using SSL (secure socket layer) --
            you should see this on all commerce sites so you don't transmit your
            credit card info, etc. in plain text.

            Being a geek helps pay for my woodworking :-)

            <baronconal@y...> wrote:

            > --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@c...> wrote:
            > > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
            > > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
            > > to the correct page. <grin>
            > >
            > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >
            > i didn't add it....
            >
            > i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...
            >
            > any techie geeks know anything about
            > the 's' in question?
            >
            > https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

          • Logan
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005

              you are correct.  the link works fine.

              regards

              logan

              www.ebonwoulfe.com

              Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com , Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart
              <baronconal@y...> wrote:

              > --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@c...> wrote:
              > > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
              > > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
              > > to the correct page. <grin>
              > >
              > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              >
              > i didn't add it....
              >
              > i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...
              >
              > any techie geeks know anything about
              > the 's' in question?
              >
              > https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

            • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
                It however is coming up as insecure on my Opera browser, which is the
                likely reason that some can't access the page until they switch back to
                the regular http mode. Some browsers are set to very high security mode
                standards and will prevent questionable pages. I'm not sure what the issue
                is here, perhaps they might not be encrypting the data, but just
                presenting the certificate.

                Haraldr

                On Sun, April 3, 2005 21:45, Logan said:
                > you are correct. the link works fine.
                >

                > regards
                >
                > logan
                >

                > www.ebonwoulfe.com
                >
                > Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still
                > can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
                >

                > _____

                Dave Calafrancesco

                ... They got the library at Alexandria, they aren't getting mine!