I had an idea

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
      I had an idea for a t-shirt I'd like to
      have for myself.

      I really didn't want to pay alot for
      a one shot silk screening...

      then I thought.... Cafe Press!

      ( that way I can share the idea and
      anyone can have one )

      https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

      feel free to share the address where-ever...

      thanks for the bandwidth

      Make Yahoo! your home page
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Helen Schultz
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
        The only problem is you put an extra letter into the URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get to the correct page. <grin>

        Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
        Middle Kingdom

        The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
          --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@...> wrote:
          > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
          > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
          > to the correct page. <grin>
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          i didn't add it....

          i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...

          any techie geeks know anything about
          the 's' in question?

          https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

          __________________________________
          Yahoo! Messenger
        • Helen Schultz
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
            Well, Conal, when I clicked on your link, I got an error page (the one saying that the page cannot be accessed)... so I backed up to the core address, and still nothing... but when I dropped the 's' off the URL and typed back in your "baronconal", it went right to the page... that is why I felt the 's' was wrong and didn't belong there... I'm not a computer geek, though <smile>.  Don't know how come you were able to access it with that extra 's' in it, either.

            Nice T-shirt, by the way...

            Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
            Middle Kingdom

            The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

            --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@...> wrote:
            > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
            > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
            > to the correct page. <grin>
            >
            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            i didn't add it....

            i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...

            any techie geeks know anything about
            the 's' in question?

            https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

          • Ron Jachim
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
              The s in https means it is secure. IIRC, it uses port 443 instead of
              port 80 and the data is encrypted using SSL (secure socket layer) --
              you should see this on all commerce sites so you don't transmit your
              credit card info, etc. in plain text.

              Being a geek helps pay for my woodworking :-)

              <baronconal@y...> wrote:

              > --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@c...> wrote:
              > > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
              > > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
              > > to the correct page. <grin>
              > >
              > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              >
              > i didn't add it....
              >
              > i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...
              >
              > any techie geeks know anything about
              > the 's' in question?
              >
              > https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

            • Logan
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005

                you are correct.  the link works fine.

                regards

                logan

                www.ebonwoulfe.com

                Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com , Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart
                <baronconal@y...> wrote:

                > --- Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@c...> wrote:
                > > The only problem is you put an extra letter into the
                > > URL... take the "s" out of https:// and you will get
                > > to the correct page. <grin>
                > >
                > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                >
                > i didn't add it....
                >
                > i tried it with the 's' and it worked for me...
                >
                > any techie geeks know anything about
                > the 's' in question?
                >
                > https://www.cafepress.com/baronconal

              • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
                  It however is coming up as insecure on my Opera browser, which is the
                  likely reason that some can't access the page until they switch back to
                  the regular http mode. Some browsers are set to very high security mode
                  standards and will prevent questionable pages. I'm not sure what the issue
                  is here, perhaps they might not be encrypting the data, but just
                  presenting the certificate.

                  Haraldr

                  On Sun, April 3, 2005 21:45, Logan said:
                  > you are correct. the link works fine.
                  >

                  > regards
                  >
                  > logan
                  >

                  > www.ebonwoulfe.com
                  >
                  > Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still
                  > can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
                  >

                  > _____

                  Dave Calafrancesco

                  ... They got the library at Alexandria, they aren't getting mine!