Re: [MedievalSawdust] The Fyrdraca sails her maiden voyage (in Missouri)

  • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30 8:51 AM
      I have double checked my sources. In the ship(s) found in Hedeby harbor,
      they have found many pieces of wool garments that were used with tar as
      caulking in the strakes. There is a mixture of fragments, many men's, and
      some purportedly women's.

      So my earlier remembrance was somewhat incorrect, it should have been wool
      and the garments should be 'scrapped'. So, please take up a collection of
      old worn out wool garments and dip them in tar to 'fix' at least some of
      the leaks in the ship :)

      Haraldr

      --
      Dave Calafrancesco

      ... They got the library at Alexandria, they aren't getting mine!