Accidents

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
      I have armor bites that scarred ( amazingly
      it was just a bruise )

      And I 'nipped the tip' of my thumb in the
      kitchen ( chop, chop, chop,chop..ouch oops.... )

      But luckly no woodworking scars...

      Everyone please be careful...

      Including the experienced that get careless
      and lazy. ( right Charles? )

    • James Winkler
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
        ABSOLUTELY...   there are many ways of discovering the 'right and wrong' of woodworking... not all of them painful...  that's one of the things this list is good for...  hopefully one can learn from the experiences of others what actions are beneficial to duplicate... and which can hurt'cha and should be avoided...

        No woodworking scars, eh?    Conal ya'd better go out and knock on the nearest forest... yer' tempting fate...

        Chas.

        ============================
        I have armor bites that scarred ( amazingly
        it was just a bruise )

        And I 'nipped the tip' of my thumb in the
        kitchen ( chop, chop, chop,chop..ouch  oops.... )

        But luckly no woodworking scars...

        Everyone please be careful...

        Including the experienced that get careless
        and lazy. ( right Charles? )

      • Arthur Slaughter
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
          Does felling a tree on yourself count as a wood working accident. No scars
          but I did need to change my trousers after I crawled out from under the
          branches.
          Finn

        • Omer
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
            Modern square shaft chisels I have slightly cut my guiding finger untill
            I took all of them and knocked off the rough edge.

            > I have armor bites that scarred ( amazingly
            > it was just a bruise )
            >
            > And I 'nipped the tip' of my thumb in the
            > kitchen ( chop, chop, chop,chop..ouch oops.... )
            >
            > But luckly no woodworking scars...
            >
            > Everyone please be careful...
            >
            > Including the experienced that get careless
            > and lazy. ( right Charles? )
            >

            > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
            >
            > Aude Aliquid Dignum
            > ' Dare Something Worthy '

          • James W. Pratt, Jr.
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
              Yes!!

              James Cunningham
              who owns a crushed hard hat.
              > Does felling a tree on yourself count as a wood working accident. No
              scars
              > but I did need to change my trousers after I crawled out from under the
              > branches.
              > Finn

            • Dragano Abbruciati
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
                You MUST learn from the mistakes of others...  You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself!

                Dragano

                James Winkler <jrwinkler@...> wrote:
                ABSOLUTELY...   there are many ways of discovering the 'right and wrong' of woodworking... not all of them painful...  that's one of the things this list is good for...  hopefully one can learn from the experiences of others what actions are beneficial to duplicate... and which can hurt'cha and should be avoided...

                No woodworking scars, eh?    Conal ya'd better go out and knock on the nearest forest... yer' tempting fate...

                Chas.

                Yahoo! Messenger