Just one word... 'Plastics'

  • jrwinkler@msn.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hey gang…

      Well, it ain't period… it ain't wood… but darn is it gonna' be useful.  A couple of weeks ago I got a friend of mine some used woodworkin' magazines.  He found these spiffy router sub-base designs and a good size sheet of Lexan…  so we've just spent the day messing with plastic.

      That's neat stuff…  the melting factor of the stuff when your routing rabbits or groves in it is kinda' weird  but a three flute bottom bearing straight sided pattern following bit (carbide… of course…) makes a way cool smooth cut!!!

      Ended up with three different types of sub-bases…  or… two sub-bases and one of them has an "accessory"…  however ya' want to look at it.

      oh… and wood smells better when ya' work it…

      Chas.

    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        Router Jigs & Techniques by Patrick Spielman
        ISBN 0-8069-6694-7

        Has many many many such cool bases and thingys you can make if your
        interested. I have tried a few and been very pleased.

        --
        YIS,

        Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        Privateer to the Midrealm