Re: [MedievalSawdust] A quick check in from Halvgrimr

  • kjworz@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
      A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.

      It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat coming in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

      Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate for SCA to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in Medieval Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.

      And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.

      --
      -Chris Schwartz
      Silver Spring, MD

      I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the lake side!!

      James Cunningham

      She is being relocated to central Missouri were she will be mostly a fresh water lake ship;)

      Halv
    • msgilliandurham
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, kjworz@c... wrote:
        > A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.
        >
        > It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat
        coming in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

        > Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate
        for SCA to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in
        Medieval Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.

        > And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.

        Make it a boffer battle.

        Vikings with hot pink and neon green water noodles, oh my!

        <g, d, and r>
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
          I think more like the Thirteenth Warrior. Yelling "ODEN" to find the shore
          then waiting to be recognized. Think armor,100 deg heat, and fighting . We
          are luck we do not loose more. We will call the life jackets orange sheep
          skins.

          James Cunningham

          > A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.
          >
          > It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat coming
          in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

          > Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate for SCA
          to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in Medieval
          Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.
          > And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.
          >

          > --
          > -Chris Schwartz
          > Silver Spring, MD
          >

          > I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the
          lake side!!

          > James Cunningham

        • James Winkler
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
            O.k. - THAT'S a cool vision...  Winking smiley emoticon

            Chas.

            (Orange sheepskins...  hummm... well, given the option between drowning and orange sheepskins... I'm all about orange sheep...)