Re: [MedievalSawdust] A quick check in from Halvgrimr

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
      A quick check in from Halvgrimr
      I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the lake side!!

      James Cunningham

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
        A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.

        It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat coming in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

        Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate for SCA to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in Medieval Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.

        And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.

        --
        -Chris Schwartz
        Silver Spring, MD

        I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the lake side!!

        James Cunningham

        She is being relocated to central Missouri were she will be mostly a fresh water lake ship;)

        Halv
      • msgilliandurham
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, kjworz@c... wrote:
          > A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.
          >
          > It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat
          coming in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

          > Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate
          for SCA to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in
          Medieval Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.

          > And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.

          Make it a boffer battle.

          Vikings with hot pink and neon green water noodles, oh my!

          <g, d, and r>
        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
            I think more like the Thirteenth Warrior. Yelling "ODEN" to find the shore
            then waiting to be recognized. Think armor,100 deg heat, and fighting . We
            are luck we do not loose more. We will call the life jackets orange sheep
            skins.

            James Cunningham

            > A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.
            >
            > It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat coming
            in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

            > Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate for SCA
            to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in Medieval
            Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.
            > And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.
            >

            > --
            > -Chris Schwartz
            > Silver Spring, MD
            >

            > I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the
            lake side!!

            > James Cunningham

          • James Winkler
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
              O.k. - THAT'S a cool vision...  Winking smiley emoticon

              Chas.

              (Orange sheepskins...  hummm... well, given the option between drowning and orange sheepskins... I'm all about orange sheep...)