RE: [MedievalSawdust] A quick check in from Halvgrimr

  • Schuster, Robert L.
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
      A quick check in from Halvgrimr
      She is being relocated to central Missouri were she will be mostly a fresh water lake ship;)

      Halv

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
        A quick check in from Halvgrimr
        I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the lake side!!

        James Cunningham

      • kjworz@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
          A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.

          It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat coming in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

          Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate for SCA to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in Medieval Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.

          And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.

          --
          -Chris Schwartz
          Silver Spring, MD

          I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the lake side!!

          James Cunningham

          She is being relocated to central Missouri were she will be mostly a fresh water lake ship;)

          Halv
        • msgilliandurham
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, kjworz@c... wrote:
            > A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.
            >
            > It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat
            coming in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

            > Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate
            for SCA to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in
            Medieval Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.

            > And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.

            Make it a boffer battle.

            Vikings with hot pink and neon green water noodles, oh my!

            <g, d, and r>
          • James W. Pratt, Jr.
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
              I think more like the Thirteenth Warrior. Yelling "ODEN" to find the shore
              then waiting to be recognized. Think armor,100 deg heat, and fighting . We
              are luck we do not loose more. We will call the life jackets orange sheep
              skins.

              James Cunningham

              > A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.
              >
              > It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat coming
              in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

              > Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate for SCA
              to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in Medieval
              Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.
              > And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.
              >

              > --
              > -Chris Schwartz
              > Silver Spring, MD
              >

              > I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the
              lake side!!

              > James Cunningham

            • James Winkler
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
                O.k. - THAT'S a cool vision...  Winking smiley emoticon

                Chas.

                (Orange sheepskins...  hummm... well, given the option between drowning and orange sheepskins... I'm all about orange sheep...)