Re: [MedievalSawdust] A quick check in from Halvgrimr

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
      A quick check in from Halvgrimr
      I have seen the Fyrdraca when I when out to the Longship Co.  Where are you going to move it?

      James Cunningham
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
        A quick check in from Halvgrimr
        She is being relocated to central Missouri were she will be mostly a fresh water lake ship;)

        Halv

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
          A quick check in from Halvgrimr
          I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the lake side!!

          James Cunningham

        • kjworz@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
            A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.

            It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat coming in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

            Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate for SCA to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in Medieval Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.

            And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.

            --
            -Chris Schwartz
            Silver Spring, MD

            I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the lake side!!

            James Cunningham

            She is being relocated to central Missouri were she will be mostly a fresh water lake ship;)

            Halv
          • msgilliandurham
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, kjworz@c... wrote:
              > A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.
              >
              > It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat
              coming in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

              > Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate
              for SCA to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in
              Medieval Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.

              > And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.

              Make it a boffer battle.

              Vikings with hot pink and neon green water noodles, oh my!

              <g, d, and r>
            • James W. Pratt, Jr.
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
                I think more like the Thirteenth Warrior. Yelling "ODEN" to find the shore
                then waiting to be recognized. Think armor,100 deg heat, and fighting . We
                are luck we do not loose more. We will call the life jackets orange sheep
                skins.

                James Cunningham

                > A thought occurred. I'm sure I'm not the first.
                >
                > It would be cool to have a real Viking raid in a SCA battle, boat coming
                in from a lake, beaching, and pouring forth Norsemen.

                > Then I think about armor. And water. And mishaps.... I'd hate for SCA
                to make some national headlines with "17 Vikings Drowned in Medieval
                Recreationist Tragedy." Brrrrr.
                > And vikings with fluorescent orange life jackets is just wrong.
                >

                > --
                > -Chris Schwartz
                > Silver Spring, MD
                >

                > I have always wanted to do an early morning raid on Lillies....from the
                lake side!!

                > James Cunningham

              • James Winkler
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 8, 2005
                  O.k. - THAT'S a cool vision...  Winking smiley emoticon

                  Chas.

                  (Orange sheepskins...  hummm... well, given the option between drowning and orange sheepskins... I'm all about orange sheep...)