The Master: Masamune - Swordsmith

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2005
      Monday nite on the History International Channel will be running
      a series called The Master at 9pm eastern standard time. This one
      focuses on the best makers of samurai blades. I've seen it before
      and these shows are excellent. Another good one was on a master
      - Emrys - armor maker of the modern period and comparisons were
      made to the best armor maker of Maximillian's day - Seusenhoffer.
      This particular modern maker uses a steel that can be tempered
      and the results are demonstrated. So these programs are well
      worth watching out for. The third Master program I have seen so
      far had to do with an Argentinian officer saving the horses of
      the Conquistadors as a breed.

      The prime time hours usually repeat starting at midnight.
      So this one would probably repeat at 1 am. Check your local
      listings.

      Sunday nights they have been running Weapons that made Britain,
      and they are excellent for techniques and results. I've seen five
      of them [may be the whole series] and I hope there are more of
      them. Sword, bow, spear, shield, etc. So far there have been a
      lot of repeated programs on the HI channel. In the mornings they
      run history programs in Spanish and French. Daytime programs may
      repeat two or three times. So far I don't think they have lined
      up a lot of programming but often what they have on the weekends
      at least is often quite good. Sunday night is the best.

      Magnus