Re: [MedievalSawdust] Digest Number 665

  • Dana Theis
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2005
      I have found that a row of footed chests in the bed of a full-size pickup truck leaves nice room underneath to keep all the pavilion poles corraled.
      Yllaria

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Rettie" wrote:
      Fin, thanks for filling in my missing reference. I do however, tend
      to agree with the stament that traving chests tend not to have feet.
      Having traveld with several hutch style chests I know from experience
      that the feet take up a lot of volume that tends to be unusable.
      Cleats on the bottom of six-board chests is not a problem.
    • James Winkler
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2005
        Yeppers...  I actually put the bed legs, table legs, armor parts, etc. under mine...  the poles go off to one side over the 'hump' of the wheel wells...  but, regardless of your prefered methodology...  footed chest make packin' easy... and, if you have all your garb pre-packed... easy in... easy out... and easy to the laundry room when ya' get home...  AND when the great Pennsic Floods occur... yer' duds are dry...

        Chas.