Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Newbie looking for a clue

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 66 , Jan 31, 2005
      The planks on norse ships were riven and then smothed with axe.  Green riven(Quarter sawn) has the most flexablity of all planked wood.

      James Cunningham

      ... wonder if anybody's ever done a grain orientation study of the planks on some of these chests???

      Chas.

    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 5, 2005
        Shoes!!! wood shoe soles?!! did you see any shoes? Were they all turn shoe
        ?

        James Cunningham
        Slipper Maker