Re: [medievalsawdust] Spigots and barrel taps

  • Brian D. Murphy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2003
      I ordered a copy of this one (along with another in the series) before Christmas.  It took Barnes and Noble a full six weeks, but I got an email yesterday that it had finally shipped (the other one, which is on bone and antler work, still hasn't).  I'm looking forward to getting it, as it sounds like a great book.  I believe I've also heard that it has information about what the author believes is a tool rest from a pole lathe, among other things.

      You can also get this book from http://www.britarch.ac.uk/shop/en-us/dept_10.html but it may be a bit pricey by the time you get it shipped over.

      I should have it before Maidens.  If you'll be there Charles, I'd be happy to drag it along and let you take a look at it.

      Bran

      >> A really wonderful book if you're interested in turned
      bowls, coopered containers, and various
      >> wooden bits and pieces
      recovered from York.
      Thanks, Tom…   this book sound absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for… and the turned bowls are a bonus!!!   Time to make an excursion to Barnes and Nobel…