More Kungsara Bench Photos

  • alfricr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2005
      I added a few more photos of the bench for those interested.

      Alfric
    • Tim Bray
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2005
        Thanks for those, they are great! Especially love the head-piece. I gotta
        get up to An Tir sometime, see this in person - I bet it's even more
        impressive!

        What wood(s?) are used? The back looks like ash, but the head-piece looks
        darker and closer-grained.

        Hey, I will be in Seattle in March - wonder if I can see this thing at an
        event or something? (My wife is going to Norwescon, and I'm considering
        entering the Rohirric Chest in the Art Show.)

        Cheers,
        Colin

        Albion Works
        Furniture and Accessories
        For the Medievalist!
        http://www.albionworks.net
        http://www.albionworks.com
      • Ralph
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2005

          Thanks for the compliments Colin!

          You’re right about the back cross pieces being constructed of ash, the head pieces and arms are birch and because of the tightness of the grain were a dream to work. However, it did seem to dull my tools faster.

          The bench now belongs to Dutchess Asa who lives in the Seattle area may be something can be arranged.

          I’ll post more pictures later.

          See ya,

          Alfric.