RE: [MedievalSawdust] Digest Number 625

  • Danial Roy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2005

      > > Check out this link:
      > > http://www.peartree12.freeserve.co.uk/gallery/campin_merode.html
      > > Campin is mid 15th C.
      > >
      > > > Does anyone know of any pre-1600 examples,
      > > > either pictures of extant pieces or period artwork?

      I loke this pisture alot. To me it appears the back of the bench can flip
      sides reversing the Bench. I built one like it and it was real cool. I have
      also seen a swedich bencsh with a flipping back

      Thoron
    • Jill n Sandy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2005

        Daniel,

        I don’t know if you have checked this link out but, there are some great images in here of all different sorts of feasts. And, some links to other good images as well.

        http://www.godecookery.com/afeast/afeast.htm

        Sandy

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2005
          http://www.peartree12.freeserve.co.uk/gallery/campin_merode.html

          If the arm/table support gets wider as
          it comes up from the seat ( I'm only talking
          5 degrees or so of a angle ) you'd get the
          same angle to top/back in the chair position
          and it would be more comfortable.

          Not necessarily period, just more like what
          we are used to setting on now.

          =====

          http://my.yahoo.com