RE: [MedievalSawdust] Digest Number 623

  • maeryk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2005
      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:52:42 -0500
      From: Dan Baker <LordRhys@...>
      Subject: Re: mid 15th century cabinetry

      excellent pictures that will help a lot. Have you come across
      anything on what type of joinery was used to put a cabinet/cupboard
      together? I have an A&S project, but it's working from a painting and
      I need joinery.

      Thanks
      -Rhys

      Have you looked at the Hausbuch? I don’t know that it would be your period..
      but it _does_ give some pretty good drawings showing miters and such.

      http://homepage.univie.ac.at/rudolf.koch/mendel/011.jpg

      http://homepage.univie.ac.at/rudolf.koch/mendel/036.jpg

      http://homepage.univie.ac.at/rudolf.koch/mendel/037.jpg

      Maeryk

      (someone offered me a shot at the complete set, scanned in 8.5 x 11 on CD..
      haven’t gotten around to getting the copy yet)

    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2005
        Ah, I see. That is helpful. Do you know when those were drawn? I
        will be sure to look them up, thanks!

        -Rhys