Re: [medievalsawdust] Roy Underhill

  • jrwinkler@msn.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 22, 2002
      ROY!...  awww, cool.   He was down in St.Louis a while back.  Didn't get to see him there either, darn.  ;-)   Some people have all the luck...

      Message 2 of 10 , May 22, 2002
        Yes,
        I'm bringing the loom...

        Conal

        --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
        > Nice, sounds like fun.
        >
        > Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?
        >

        > >Hi all,
        > > We've been kinda quiet lately...
        > >
        > >I've been working on some ideas for
        > >a combat crossbow, and thinking about
        > >this year's campbed ( four poster style )
        > >
        > > Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
        > >Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
        > >at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
        > >a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
        > >of his books for me. ( and a picture
        > >with me squinting into the sun )
        > >
        > > They are looking for someone to head
        > >up the project for the building of a
        > >blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
        > >a little experience in timberframing
        > >and a bit more free time. I've put my
        > >name on the list of those to call once
        > >they start building it though....
        > >

        > > Conal

        > >LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        > >http://launch.yahoo.com
        > ><< underhill9.jpg >>
        >

        > --
        > YIS,
        >
        > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        > Privateer to the Midrealm
        >
        > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
        > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        http://launch.yahoo.com
      • Scott Lane
        Message 3 of 10 , May 22, 2002
            Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
          Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
          at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
          a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
          of his books for me. ( and a picture
          with me squinting into the sun )

                   Hmmm, Chrisophe was supposed to let me know when he was going to be in town...

          Aodhfin
        • Dan Baker
          Message 4 of 10 , May 23, 2002
            Very cool, I look forward to seeing it. It's only a 9 hour drive for me,
            thought we would just day-trip it.......