Re: [MedievalSawdust] novice

  • Caley Woulfe
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 5, 2004
      >This list is large. If you wish to learn from / with someone where do you
      live?

      Buford, GA. I have a friend who can help me and teach me, but I like to get
      various opinions of things, not just one person's.

      Thanks!

      Caoillainn
    • James W. Pratt, Jr.
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2004
        If you like the pieces he has done stick with him. You will find a lot of
        different opinions. They can be confusing while you are try to find the
        correct end of the router to use. Try to be a good appentice, listen to
        your master, learn to do it his way until you can do it better then he can.
        Then you have learned somthing.

        James Cunningham
        Former instructor of upside down flying and flying while passing gas.

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2004
          Is that in North, Middle, or South Jawjah?

          >This list is large. If you wish to learn from / with someone where do
          you
          live?

          Buford, GA. I have a friend who can help me and teach me, but I like to
          get
          various opinions of things, not just one person's.

          Thanks!

          Caoillainn

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Caley Woulfe
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
            > Is that in North, Middle, or South Jawjah?

            Why Honey, it's just Nawtheest o' Etlanna!

            Caoillainn
          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004

              Caley Woulfe caoillainn@...

              Caley, forgive the gender malaprop, and I think it's absolutly capitol of you to do your own woodworking.

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                You're in my travel radius. I'm up in Thor's Mountain, and I get down
                for Midwinter A&S every year, and occasionally make it to Red Tower.
                Perhaps we could get together and I could give you a few pointers.

                Master William McNaughton, CL
                http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                  > You're in my travel radius. I'm up in Thor's Mountain, and I get down
                  > for Midwinter A&S every year, and occasionally make it to Red Tower.
                  > Perhaps we could get together and I could give you a few pointers.
                  >
                  > Master William McNaughton, CL

                  That would be great. Thanks!

                  Caley
                • Caley Woulfe
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                    > Caley, forgive the gender malaprop, and I think it's absolutely capitol of
                    you to do your own woodworking.

                    No biggie. Thanks! I know I won't be a hard core woodbug, but I think I
                    will enjoy making simple things. Maybe once I get better at it I'll try more
                    complicated things, but I doubt I will end making stuff like furniture. But
                    then, ya never know...

                    Caoillainn
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                      That's what we all said.

                      Master Will
                      http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                        > That's what we all said.

                        Yeah, famous last words. Sigh....

                        Caoillainn
                      • omer77@bellsouth.net
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 6, 2004
                          I live in Lawrenceville. May be some of the folks on this list that
                          live in ga. should get together and swap stories. If you wish to come by
                          and work some of the tools, ask questions, or help in the project just say
                          the word.

                          My newest project is a large floor loom. Something I have never done
                          before. I am doing this for one of my club members. I have a partner to
                          help but would welcome you come out and watch or help us learn.

                          Omer