Soar, Hugh D. H.: The Crooked Stick: A History of the Longbow

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2004
      Soar, Hugh D. H.:The Crooked Stick: A History of the Longbow
      Hardcover, ISBN: 1594160023
      This is a book by one of the Archer-Antiquaries scholars
      who normally writes on the history of the English Longbow.
      I haven't seen this one but have thoroughly enjoyed
      all the articles I have seen written by him.
      He is one of the preeminent historians and a practioner in the
      use and construction of the longbow.

      Amazon.com Item Subtotal: $17.47
      Shipping & Handling: $3.99
      Total: $21.46
      The above is from a notification by Amazon.com that my copy
      has just shipped, meaning it has just hit the market after
      finally being published. I put my order in six or so months ago.

      Looking on bookfinder.com I find Powells is selling it for $24.95
      so Amazon has a nice discount on it. Powells Books [U.S.] is the
      only bookseller currently showing up on bookfinder.com which searches
      60,000 booksellers but obviously if mine has finally shipped Amazon
      can get it for you, or your significant other, just in time for
      Christmas hopefully.

      It should also be available from amazon.co.uk for those
      Brits, Scots, and Welsh. Please don't tell those feisty Irishmen.
      This is a state secret in our time period.

      Magnus