DC Mitchell prices

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2004
      It always makes me nervous when they won't list their prices online. It
      usually means they know their prices will scare off 99% of potential
      customers.

      Kean

      I know that feeling, but I've seen their price lists before and they were VERY reasonable at the time. Not necessarily as cheap as a non period hinge from Home Depot, but not far off. My suggestion would be to email them and ask for a current price list. With metal prices fluctuating, non computer geeks (like me) might find it easier for them to just hire someone to make the website (most of the pictures on the website are the same as my 8 yr old brochure) but not have the skill or desire to spend the money to constantly update it everytime bronze goes up a dollar a pound. I used to have that problem whenever I was doing leatherwork for someone else. I'd quote them a price on a piece, they'd want (what they thought anyway) was a small amount of customization, and then the extra materials would eat most of the profit even if I charged them extra for the customization. All because the cost of a certain type of leather had gone up for one reason or another. Look at wood. A sheet of 3/4 inch classic sanded plywood has gone from $22 to $34 in one year.

      Brian