Re: just finished

  • msgilliandurham
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
      > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com,msgilliandurham
      <msgilliandurham@y...> wrote:
      > > this still requires sanding between coats?
      >
      > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart
      <baronconal@y...> wrote:
      > Just a quick hit with a scotch-bright pad
      > to knock off any rough spots...
      > ( they refer to it as 'buffing' on the
      > can )

      Oooh, excellent! I have a number of soft pine mundane pieces which I
      have put off sealing, as I thought I'd have to sand the entire piece
      after each coat.

      Must have been thinking of some kind of old-fashioned poly :-)

      Thank you so much! Gillian
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
        > Oooh, excellent! I have a number of soft pine
        > mundane pieces which I
        > have put off sealing, as I thought I'd have to sand
        > the entire piece
        > after each coat.
        >
        > Must have been thinking of some kind of
        > old-fashioned poly :-)
        >
        > Thank you so much! Gillian

        Here is their webpage!

        http://www.generalfinishes.com

        =====

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com
      • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2004
          You can also 'buff' with brown paper bags between coats. It's about
          equivalent to triple or quad 0 steel wool or circa 400-600 grit, but lots
          cheaper.

          Haraldr

          --
          Dave Calafrancesco

          ... They got the library at Alexandria, they aren't getting mine!

          --
          Haraldr Bassi, Frosted Hills, East
          yahoo at drakkar org