RE: [MedievalSawdust] ongoing projects

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
      As you design your custom made feast gear chest, the word "small" should
      be included.

      I made one with all the features he requested for Master Saher, and it
      could hold garb for a weekend!
      http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood/projects/saherfeastbox/final.htm

      Not a good plan. The result: he doesn't use it much. Too bulky; too
      heavy.

      Master William McNaughton, CL
      http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
        LOL

        Thanks for the advice.

        My initial thought was something that could be carried like a picnic basket.  That chest you built would require quite a bit more "umph" to tote around than I am willing to expend.  As a traveling merchant, all of my feast gear is wooden, so protection against breakage is not an issue.  That should allow for a tighter fit within the chest itself.

        Dragano

        maf@... wrote:
        I guess I
        should start on her feast gear chest.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to
        U.S./Canada

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        � To visit your group on the web, go to:

        � To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

        � Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      • damienddjones
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
          I did that too. I'm thinking of cutting my chest in half to make two
          usable ones.

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Bill McNutt" <mcnutt@p...>

        • maf@gleichen.ca
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
            Her requirement was that it be like mine, wide and tall enough to use as a
            single person bench (no plastic chairs for this boy). Mine doesn't have a
            padded top, hers will since she has a car to fit it into and well I have a
            pickup and things get wet sometimes. Of course the group laughs because mine
            holds feast gear for 8, or 4 if I slip in the candle holders.

            Cered

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
              Ok mine is 20" wide x 12" deep x chair high. I'll post pictures when I get
              the new back on it.

              Cered