Re: [MedievalSawdust] ongoing projects

  • Dragano Abbruciati
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
      *scribbling frantically on his everpresent "idea" pad*  Custom made feast gear chest!  Gotta think about that one.

      Dragano

      maf@... wrote:
      I guess I
      should start on her feast gear chest.

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
        As you design your custom made feast gear chest, the word "small" should
        be included.

        I made one with all the features he requested for Master Saher, and it
        could hold garb for a weekend!
        http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood/projects/saherfeastbox/final.htm

        Not a good plan. The result: he doesn't use it much. Too bulky; too
        heavy.

        Master William McNaughton, CL
        http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood

        maf@... wrote:
        I guess I
        should start on her feast gear chest.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to
        U.S./Canada

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Dragano Abbruciati
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
          LOL

          Thanks for the advice.

          My initial thought was something that could be carried like a picnic basket.  That chest you built would require quite a bit more "umph" to tote around than I am willing to expend.  As a traveling merchant, all of my feast gear is wooden, so protection against breakage is not an issue.  That should allow for a tighter fit within the chest itself.

          Dragano

          maf@... wrote:
          I guess I
          should start on her feast gear chest.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Get unlimited calls to
          U.S./Canada

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          � To visit your group on the web, go to:

          � To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          � Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        • damienddjones
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
            I did that too. I'm thinking of cutting my chest in half to make two
            usable ones.

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Bill McNutt" <mcnutt@p...>

          • maf@gleichen.ca
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
              Her requirement was that it be like mine, wide and tall enough to use as a
              single person bench (no plastic chairs for this boy). Mine doesn't have a
              padded top, hers will since she has a car to fit it into and well I have a
              pickup and things get wet sometimes. Of course the group laughs because mine
              holds feast gear for 8, or 4 if I slip in the candle holders.

              Cered

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
                Ok mine is 20" wide x 12" deep x chair high. I'll post pictures when I get
                the new back on it.

                Cered