Projects

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Been busy starting a new job, working on a leatherwork barter, and working on the plans for a new break down chair design for events. Gonna try and get a new cotehardie sewn by this weekend. Of course if I do the cotehardie, I'll have to make a new shirt too. I've been on the end of a rash of bad barters lately. Garb that doesn't fit or is never finished or falls apart after one wearing. Even had one person take my fabric and after I had bought the wood and had the projects almost finished tell me that she had decided she was too busy to make my stuff because she had promised to make stuff for other people afterwards and now wouldn't have time to finish all of it, so she wouldn't have time for mine. 10 months later and I still do not have my fabric and 30 metal shank buttons back. Needless to say, she didn't get her chair or her clothing rack and if she wants one now, she can pay full price for it. After I finish this leatherwork barter, it'll be awhile before I barter with anyone again.

      Besides, I've got a bunch of stuff I really need to make for me. A couple more wooden chests would be nice. A couple new pair of period shoes and boots, a baldric for my new sword, a couple nice axe covers wouldn't be a bad idea, etc etc etc. This cobbler's running around barefoot. Winking smiley emoticon

      Brian Broadaxe
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
        Hmn. That reminds me. The roof leaks. I should probably not go to the
        forge this weekend.

        :(

        Master Will