Re: [MedievalSawdust] Hurley "club" Carving

  • Erick Davidson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2004
      nope all solid no lamination.
      cheers
      ulfric
      *********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

      On 20/10/2004 at 23:05 James W. Pratt, Jr. wrote:
      You should be the expert.  Question...are any laminated to strengthen the toe?

      James Cunningham
      Who spent the evening shooting a wood longbow, trying out freshly made recurves, and discussing how to make tapered laminations.

      All the ones here in Ireland i have see are made of ash.
      Cheers
      Ulfric

      "...nuclear warfare is not necessary to cause a breakdown of our society. You take a large city like Los Angeles, New York, Chicago--their water supply comes from hundreds of miles away and any interruption of that, or food, or power for any period of time you're going to have riots in the streets. Our society is so fragile, so dependent on the interworking of things to provide us with goods and services, that you don't need nuclear warfare to fragment us anymore than the Romans needed it to cause their eventual downfall."
      - Gene Roddenberry