recliners in court

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2004
      The recliner in court came from a bad joke/dare that a local baron and the king at the time made in a class I was teaching on period looking plywood camp furniture. The two twits made the comment that the chair was nice but could I make it recline? The man who is now kingdom herald told them to not say or I'd do it. They laughed and said "Oh he couldn't do that." The herald then put his head in his hands and said "Oh god, now he'll take it as a challenge. Give him a week." At the next event two weeks later, I had a functioning prototype on display at the event. Everyone thought they were so cool looking that I've had to teach a number of other people how to make them and have even sold a few. For all intents and purposes it looks like a plywood throne. It actually looks better than the Aten Prince's travel throne. At least until you lean backwards and it reclines. I'll post a couple more pictures as soon as I can get around to taking them. I finally bought a digital camera.

      I may not be a period woodworker, but I'm here to learn about woodworking. I am a Tinkerer who tries to help the SCA have better looking campsites even if I can't get them to be truly period.

      Brian Broadaxe

      "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Nietzche.