Roy Underhill

    Message 1 of 10 , May 21, 2002
      Hi all,
      We've been kinda quiet lately...

      I've been working on some ideas for
      a combat crossbow, and thinking about
      this year's campbed ( four poster style )

      Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
      Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
      at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
      a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
      of his books for me. ( and a picture
      with me squinting into the sun )

      They are looking for someone to head
      up the project for the building of a
      blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
      a little experience in timberframing
      and a bit more free time. I've put my
      name on the list of those to call once
      they start building it though....

      Conal

      LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
      http://launch.yahoo.com
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 10 , May 22, 2002
        Nice, sounds like fun.

        Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?

        --
        YIS,

        Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        Privateer to the Midrealm

        Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
        ...Take time to dance in the rain...

        Message 3 of 10 , May 22, 2002
          ROY!...  awww, cool.   He was down in St.Louis a while back.  Didn't get to see him there either, darn.  ;-)   Some people have all the luck...

          Message 4 of 10 , May 22, 2002
            Yes,
            I'm bringing the loom...

            Conal

            --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
            > Nice, sounds like fun.
            >
            > Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?
            >

            > >Hi all,
            > > We've been kinda quiet lately...
            > >
            > >I've been working on some ideas for
            > >a combat crossbow, and thinking about
            > >this year's campbed ( four poster style )
            > >
            > > Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
            > >Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
            > >at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
            > >a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
            > >of his books for me. ( and a picture
            > >with me squinting into the sun )
            > >
            > > They are looking for someone to head
            > >up the project for the building of a
            > >blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
            > >a little experience in timberframing
            > >and a bit more free time. I've put my
            > >name on the list of those to call once
            > >they start building it though....
            > >

            > > Conal

            > >LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
            > >http://launch.yahoo.com
            > ><< underhill9.jpg >>
            >

            > --
            > YIS,
            >
            > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
            > Privateer to the Midrealm
            >
            > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
            > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

            LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
            http://launch.yahoo.com
          • Scott Lane
            Message 5 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
              Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
              at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
              a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
              of his books for me. ( and a picture
              with me squinting into the sun )

                       Hmmm, Chrisophe was supposed to let me know when he was going to be in town...

              Aodhfin
            • Dan Baker
              Message 6 of 10 , May 23, 2002
                Very cool, I look forward to seeing it. It's only a 9 hour drive for me,
                thought we would just day-trip it.......