RE: New to medievalsawdust

  • Kidder, Jeff
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
      Hi all,

      I just signed up on this list after looking around for info on 14th C
      wooden chests. I'm still in the process of gathering references and
      plotting out my plan of attack. In the meanwhile I am working on period
      chests using modern tools and techniques.

      My goal is to make all the tools that I need to touch the chest as it is
      built and to use period finishing techniques. But I am planning to get
      there in stages.

      Cheers,

      Jason the Voracious,
      from the Shire of Dragon's Mist
      in the Kingdom of An Tir
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
        A worth goal, but take it from a novice smith: compromise on buying a
        saw, not making one. It's a black art.

        Will