Mugs and woodworking

  • Lord Karl Lagerstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2004
      I'm an upstart woodworker and founder of the woodworking guild for my
      sub-division. Presently, I've constructed several projects that have
      received recognition. I've learned from and even "stole" ideas from
      several folks associated with this site, thank you all. My point, I
      drink both cold and hot beverages from the same period ceremic mug.
      Was it made 500 years ago, no. Is it a mug and made from the same
      period material?, yes. As a woodworker, I can appreciate why anyone
      would want to go through the time and expense to replicate a period
      drinking vessel, but, why dwell upon it? Can't the beeswax be better
      used as a period finish for a period chest?