Re: [MedievalSawdust] too big? Never!

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
      ;-D   I love it...

      Its truly amazing what can be done when the will power to do it is there...  Last year my 'prentice Farin and I went to Gulf Wars...

      two guys
      two 'dome' tents
      two sleeping bags
      two pillows
      two cots
      two bags of garb (for a week... well.. o.k. - 4 days... with 'showers in garb' an option...)
      two sets of 'some modern garb'
      two bags of fighting garb
      two sets of armor
      two sets of weapons
      two shields
      Coffee pot and camp stove
      two modern 'foldy chairs'
      two sets of "bits and pieces of 'stuff'"...

      ... all packed into a Mustang convertible...  top up... (no pole arms... we scrounged for them on site...)

      Where there's a will... there's a way...   right Will??

      Chas.

      I helped a friend design and build an anglo-saxon tent and bed that had
      to fit inside a BMW sedan.

      Will
      Reminds me of a friend who built a Viking A Frame tent sized to fit inside his GEO Metro Hatchback. He measured the longest length inside the car and that was the length for all of the poles. He ended up with a tent about 6' by 7' and around 5 ' tall.

      Brian
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
        Yes, indeed. I am a fair hand at packing, but the women of my household
        are the true masters of 3D Automobile Tetris.

        You were at last Gulf Wars? So how ‘come you didn’t introduce yourself
        at the Woodworker’s Tent on Artisan’s Row?

        Bill McNutt
        Technology Coordinator
        Southern LINCS Regional Technology Center

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • James Winkler

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
            Ah. Service-itits. I recognize the problem. You just need to find some
            other poor basta-, I mean, selfless individual, to take over as Kingdom
            Seneschal and YOU can get back to REAL work: the production of your
            quota of sawdust and shavings.

            Will