too big? Never!

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
      Ok.  Nice replica of the Great Bed of
      Ware, but I drive a Geo Metro!)

      Will
      Reminds me of a friend who built a Viking A Frame tent sized to fit inside his GEO Metro Hatchback. He measured the longest length inside the car and that was the length for all of the poles. He ended up with a tent about 6' by 7' and around 5 ' tall.

      Brian
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
        I helped a friend design and build an anglo-saxon tent and bed that had
        to fit inside a BMW sedan.

        Will

        Reminds me of a friend who built a Viking A Frame tent sized to fit
        inside his GEO Metro Hatchback. He measured the longest length inside
        the car and that was the length for all of the poles. He ended up with a
        tent about 6' by 7' and around 5 ' tall.

        Brian

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • James Winkler
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
          ;-D   I love it...

          Its truly amazing what can be done when the will power to do it is there...  Last year my 'prentice Farin and I went to Gulf Wars...

          two guys
          two 'dome' tents
          two sleeping bags
          two pillows
          two cots
          two bags of garb (for a week... well.. o.k. - 4 days... with 'showers in garb' an option...)
          two sets of 'some modern garb'
          two bags of fighting garb
          two sets of armor
          two sets of weapons
          two shields
          Coffee pot and camp stove
          two modern 'foldy chairs'
          two sets of "bits and pieces of 'stuff'"...

          ... all packed into a Mustang convertible...  top up... (no pole arms... we scrounged for them on site...)

          Where there's a will... there's a way...   right Will??

          Chas.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
            Yes, indeed. I am a fair hand at packing, but the women of my household
            are the true masters of 3D Automobile Tetris.

            You were at last Gulf Wars? So how ‘come you didn’t introduce yourself
            at the Woodworker’s Tent on Artisan’s Row?

            Bill McNutt
            Technology Coordinator
            Southern LINCS Regional Technology Center

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
                Ah. Service-itits. I recognize the problem. You just need to find some
                other poor basta-, I mean, selfless individual, to take over as Kingdom
                Seneschal and YOU can get back to REAL work: the production of your
                quota of sawdust and shavings.

                Will