portable shaving horse

  • kjworz@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2004

      I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but there is a novel shave horse design here:
      http://members.aol.com/bodgerbord/bord.html

      While not Period it does have the advantage of being "Pennsic" size, easy to pack in a vehicle that is already overstuffed with your kit.  Perfect for when you get the hankering to drawknife something.

      --
      -Chris Schwartz
      Silver Spring, MD

      > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "jkjeys"
      > wrote:
      > > I have browsed
      > > some of the albums and would like to say I am very impressed by
      > the
      > > groups abilitys. As I am new the SCA I would appreciate any help
      > in
      > > direction on furniture for our time period, and storage.
      >
      > Jon,
      >
      > You might find some inspiration here:
      >
      > http://www.his.com/~tom/sca/campstuff.html
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Tom
      > (Fin)

      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/LmiolB/TM

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Johann Friedrich
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2004
        I've seen that one, but it doesn't seem to be small enough to worry about
        making one of those over a normal periodish style shaving horse. Mine is
        about 5' long, and the entire thing can be disassembled in less than a
        minute to a bunch of easily stacked boards. Of course it might be
        different if I were going to be manually hauling it out into the woods or
        something. =-)

        Ken Bowley yahoo@...
        AKA: Lord Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org