Re: [MedievalSawdust] Holly

  • Craig Robert Pierpont
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004

      Great stuff. Do not let this go. Hard, fine grained, white, carves, turns and dyes well. Does not split so well, so saw it rather than riving it.

      Craig Robert

         Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:45:18 -0400
         From: "Omer" <omer77@...>
      Subject: Holly

          How is holly to work with and what sort of projects lend them
      selves to it.  A friend has access to two trees that need to come out.  Says
      he will get 10' long and 8" round clear.  Or there abouts.

          Omer

    • mit1369@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
        My Father uses it for inlay work. It's the whitest there is.

        Uadahlrich